Teachers: Harilal & Meera Karanath from Arsha Yoga
Duration: 8 modules & 1 intensive week in 15 months
We offer you a unique, intensive course where you will learn the essential foundations of Yoga Therapy. Thanks to its structure, the course is suitable for students from all over the country and international students.
Are you interested in teaching one-on-one / small group yoga? Does the therapeutic application of yoga interest you? Are you already a certified yoga teacher?
Then this training is for you!
We are happy and honored to have international top-teachers from India & Check Republic teaching this training. To make this possible the format of the Yoga Therapy Training includes modules of different lengths.
Yoga can be used to stay healthy, happy and balanced. When the balance shifts, yoga also has a proven therapeutic effect. Research shows that yoga can play an important role in the treatment of various diseases related to trauma, stress and addiction. If you are a Yoga Teacher and if you would like to help people with ailments competently and purposefully, in private or group sessions, then this training is for you!
You will learn the basic concept of Yoga Therapy with the following main content:
- Model of the Panchakosha Tattwa, the 5 sheaths from the Taitariya Upanishad
- Aadhi – Stress and its management
- Aadhija vyadhi (psychosomatic complaints)
- Vedic Psychology (structure of the mind & the relationship between mind and body)
- The application of yoga therapy as described in the Yoga Vashishita, a classic scripture of yoga.
- Pathology from the Yogic point of view
- Therapy techniques: Yoga-physiotherapy, respiratory movements, Asanas, Pranayamas, Shat kriyas, cyclical relaxation, the technique of directing Prana (Energy), counseling, meditation techniques etc.
- Exercises and techniques of Yoga Therapy that can successfully be used for: psychosomatic complaints, asthma, allergies, back pain, knee pain, headache, migraine, arthritis, anxiety, depression, muscular dystrophy
- You will learn to perform a consultation purposefully and which exercises you should use for specific cases. You will learn how to teach the exercise to the participant/patient and how to give her/him valuable advice on prevention as well as dealing with the disease and tips for improvement of the condition.
The aim is to enable the patient to practice these exercises regularly at home. Thereafter, once the ailment is under control, the patient can again practice regular yoga to improve the quality of life and maintain good health.
Topics and structure of the training
During the 15 months of the Yoga Therapy Training all topics will be first studied in theory, then practiced and taught practically, then transmitted to others in a setting of a consultation. The following structure will be approximately followed.
Basics of yoga philosophy, Indian scriptures and Philosophy systems.
# Basics of teaching Yoga Therapy.
# Practical learning and teaching of diverse techniques for different problems and diseases. The intensive Yoga Therapy Training includes an in-depth studying and understanding of the following techniques: respiratory motion, specific Yoga Therapy techniques, Asanas, Pranayamas, Kriyas (yogic purification techniques), Cyclic relaxation, PCT = Prana Chanalizing technique, Prana directing techniques, various meditation techniques and much more.
# You will practice what you have learned by practicing consultations, diagnosing and coaching on each other, practicing treatments in couples or small groups.
The lessons are based on the traditional Indian Gurukula system and the traditional Vedic scriptures with a focus on transmitting the holistic yoga wisdom.
You can get more information and register for training at: https://yoga-vidya.nl/yoga-therapy-training/